BROWSE BY CATEGORY
- April Offers
- New Products
- Amino Acids
- Aromatherapy Range
- Body Butters
- Co Q10
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Fish Oil & Omega 3s
- Fruit Concentrates
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Herbs & Spices
- Live Bacteria/Soluble Fibre
- Pet Nutrition
- Plant Flavonoids
- Probiotics, Digestive Aids & Fibre
- Prostex & Saw Palmetto
- Protein Bars and Shakes
- Protein Powder
- Skin Perfection Range
- Sport Supplements
- Wholefoods Range
Vitamin D3 1000iu
High strength, one-a-day capsules
Our bodies obtain Vitamin D from two sources, our diet and from the action of sunlight on our skin which drives the natural production within the body. If we all had plenty of sun then we would have plenty of Vitamin D, but in reality we do need to obtain some from our diet, particularly during the winter months and particularly in the elderly as the body’s ability to manufacture Vitamin D declines with age. This is why the Government has identified five groups of people at risk of deficiency and recommends that they take a Vitamin D supplement.
The Government has made this recommendation because there is growing evidence that Vitamin D deficiencies are linked to a number of major health concerns that have been widely written about in the press.
Some of the many functions of Vitamin D include:
- Plays a vital role in the maintenance of normal bone health
- Is involved in the normal function of the immune system
- Contributes to normal muscle function
The recommendation from the Government for the at risk groups is to take a supplement of 400iu (10mcg) per day which is why we put this amount in most of our Multis. However our view is that this 1000iu product is a better choice, costs just 5p/day and is safe for long term use.
- Fantastic value - less than 5p a day
- High potency - one-a-day formula
- UK made to Pharmaceutical GMP standards
Typically Per Capsule
Vitamin D3 1000Iu25µg
This product is not suitable for vegetarians.
You Could Also Consider These Products
- 5 out of 5 (based on 70 reviews)
- A fascinating nutrient, much in the news recently. This is 200% of the NRV, the dose often recommended, at just 3p per day.
180 Tablets £5.50 Buy 360 Tablets in 2 pots £11.00 Buy