Spanish almond and fig balls
Ingredients (makes 12)
500g dried figs , roughly chopped
100g sesame seeds
85g dried apricots
50g dried cranberries
1 tbsp. agave syrup
1 tbsp. brandy
1 tsp. ground cloves
1. Blitz the almonds in a high-powered food processor until finely chopped, then tip into a large bowl.
2. Then whizz the figs until a smooth paste.
3. Spoon the fig mixture onto the almonds then, using your hands, combine with the dried fruit, agave, brandy, and cloves.
4. Divide the mixture into 12 bite-sized balls.
5. Pour the sesame seeds onto a tray, then roll the balls in the seeds until covered.
6. Cover the balls with a clean tea towel, then leave them to dry for up to a week before eating with cheese or giving as gifts.
You Might Also Like
Olivia Salter has always been an avid health nut. After graduating from the University of Bristol, she began working for a nutritional consultancy where she discovered her passion for all things wellness-related. There, she executed much of the company’s content marketing strategy and found her niche in health writing, publishing articles in Women’s Health, Mind Body Green, Thrive and Psychologies.