Turmeric - Tested to the extremeWe test our Turmeric to the extreme to ensure the highest quality.
Contamination issues with turmeric and curcumin supplements are not uncommon - which is why we only use the highest quality raw material available in our products. We achieve this through a comprehensive analytical test procedure. This involves 13 different quality control checks undertaken on every batch of the turmeric extract to ensure it is not contaminated with pesticides, heavy metals, PAH’s, PAs, fungi or bacteria. We even test for the presence of Sudan dyes, the controversial red food colouring.
Below you will see the checks we insist on, and why we have a reputation for exceptional quality turmeric supplements.
1. Identification and curcuminoid profile assessment
3. Heavy metal screening
4. Specifically assess for the presence of dyes Sudan I, II, III, IV
5. Yeast and mold screening
6. Microbial assessment for things like E. coli, salmonella
7. Aflatoxin screening - toxic compounds produced by certain moulds found in food
8. Pesticide residue
9. Pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs) - naturally occurring toxins found in a wide variety of plant species
10. Allergen control
11. Not GMO
12. Not Irradiated
13. Supply chain management that ensures workers have a positive, fair and a safe work experience, and that support is provided for local projects and farms
Explore our range of turmeric supplements here.
Visit Nutrition Buzz to find out more about turmeric, or search ‘turmeric’ in our Health Library.