- About Nature's Best
- Are You Getting Enough Vitamins?
- Choosing the Right Multi Vitamin and Mineral for You.
- Collagen Supplements..?
- Decoding Cholesterol
- Do you feel tired all the time? Have a think about your Vitamin B12 levels
- Email Newsletter
- Excipients... Approved for use.
- Free Nutrition Advice
- Ginkgo Adulteration
- Glucosamine... your questions answered
- Herbal Medicines Explained
- January Offers
- All About Lactase and Dairy Intolerance
- How much Vitamin D is enough and how much is too much?
- Lactose Content In Dairy Products
- Korean Ginseng Extract - Our Supplement Process
- Natural Support For Collagen
- New Regulations On Food Labelling
- Resveratrol uncovered
- Safe Supplements
- Serious About Nutrition
- Situations Vacant
- Verdesse In The Daily Mirror
- The Wonders of Magnesium
- Weight loss supplements exposed
- Free Catalogue
- Delivery Information
- Returns & Refunds
- Privacy and Cookies
- Natures Best Site Map
- Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Website use
- Winning Wednesday Terms & Conditions
- Contact Us
Korean Ginseng Extract - Our Supplement Process
Korean Ginseng - We know our roots...
Korean Ginseng is a herb that has huge world wide sales, and in common with other herbs, much of it is grown on small farms in developing countries. This makes the supply chain difficult to regulate, and raises the risk of substandard roots entering the chain. A known problem with ginseng is contamination by heavy metals, such as lead, and by pesticides, as well as by toxic compounds called PAH’s. These are formed if the ginseng is heated too much during the drying process. And if it’s not dried enough then it can start to go bad, and in some countries the answer to this is to irradiate the ginseng to help preserve it.
Because of these problems we put all of our herbs through rigorous tests to ensure there is no contamination, and that no irradiation has occurred. Happily we don’t discover many problems because our suppliers are reputable, and their supply chain can often be traced right back to the individual farms.
The level of safety adds cost, because in the case of ginseng we buy an extract that is up to 3-times dearer than many grades available. But we take the safety of our customers very seriously, and after 30 years in the industry we’re hardly likely to risk our reputation by cutting corners.