BROWSE BY CATEGORY
- New Products
- December Offers
- Amino Acids
- Aromatherapy Range
- Body Butters
- Co Q10
- Digestives / Fibre
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Fish Oil & Omega 3s
- Fruit Concentrates
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Live Bacteria/Soluble Fibre
- Pet Nutrition
- Plant Flavonoids
- Protein Bars and Shakes
- Saw Palmetto Complex
- Skin Perfection Range
- Sport Supplements
- Wholefoods Range
Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg
Twice the strength of most other products and a potent antioxidant
Alpha-lipoic acid was discovered over 40 years ago and was originally thought of as a vitamin; however when researchers found that our bodies could synthesize it, the status of ‘vitamin’ was lost. However a dietary source of alpha-lipoic acid is still important and it is found in almost all foods, especially in kidney, liver, spinach, and broccoli.
For a while it was the subject of rave reviews in some newspapers, along with acetyl-l-carnitine, as it was billed as an 'elixir of life'. We don't think it's that, but we do think it is a powerful antioxidant that the body uses to mop up excess free radicals, the reactive chemicals that can damage our cells.
Alpha-lipoic acid has been the focus of a great deal of research much of which is fascinating, and far too detailed to describe here. An online search is therefore highly recommended.
This product is excellent value for money compared to many other brands.
Diabetics, please read the cautions section.
Fantastic value for money
High quality grade, at a very competitive price
A key part of the body’s defence against free radicals
You Could Also Consider These Products
- One of the UK’s strongest Green Tea supplements providing active antioxidant compounds in a one-a-day formula. Suitable for slimmers. Taste free tablets
240 Tablets £21.00 Buy 120 Tablets £17.95 Buy
- Helps protect and repair the body’s natural collagen, the protein responsible for skin elasticity. Also shown to help reduce fluid retention in women
60 Tablets £15.95 Buy
- A great high potency one-a-day product. Natural source of this potent antioxidant nutrient. Vegetarian capsules at less than 9p/day
100 Capsules £10.45 Buy 200 Capsules £18.95 Buy
- Our most popular Vit C as it’s longer acting and has bioflavonoids and rosehips. Made in the UK to GMP standards and just 7p/day
60 Tablets £5.95 Buy 180 Tablets £13.50 Buy