BROWSE BY CATEGORY
- New Products
- Spring Offers
- Amino Acids
- Aromatherapy Range
- Body Butters
- Co Q10
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Fish Oil & Omega 3s
- Fruit Concentrates
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Herbs & Spices
- Live Bacteria/Soluble Fibre
- Pet Nutrition
- Plant Flavonoids
- Probiotics, Digestive Aids & Fibre
- Prostex & Saw Palmetto
- Protein Bars and Shakes
- Protein Powder
- Skin Perfection Range
- Sport Supplements
- Wholefoods Range
Amino acids are described as the building blocks of protein, because just twenty one individual amino acids make up the thousands of proteins that our tissues, muscles and organs are made of. Amino acids are also used in the repair, and maintenance of body tissues.
Eleven of the amino acids can be made by the body itself, while the other nine are termed essential amino acids because they must come from the diet. We obtain amino acids by digesting the proteins in food. Our digestive enzymes break the proteins down into amino acids so that they can be absorbed from the gut. The amino acids will then be used by the body build the specific proteins that it requires.
Natures Best sell amino acids in their free-form, meaning that no digestion is required before they are absorbed from the digestive system. The most popular amino acids are shown below and can be bought from this website. We are also able to supply the following amino acids;
If you are interested in any of these then please contact our Nutrition Advice team who will be happy to help.
The L written in front of an amino acid name denotes that it is the L isomer of the amino acid. Amino acids can be either L or D isomers ( an isomer is the name given to compounds with the same molecular formula but different structures) Dont worry about all this, just be assured that it is the L form that is required by the body, and the form that occurs most in foods.
We also sell a number of high quality protein products, including delicious snack bars and protein shakes. You will find the amino acid profile of each of these listed clearly on the labels (go to the product page and click on the View Label button to see the levels of amino acids).
- 5 out of 5 (based on 30 reviews)
Super strength & in free form for easy absorption
- Arginine is used by the body to make nitric oxide which vasodilates blood vessels. Pure clinical nutrition grade amino acid, made to pharmaceutical standards.
180 Tablets in 2 Pots £21.90 Buy 90 Tablets £12.95 Buy
- 5 out of 5 (based on 7 reviews)
Popular amino acid in energy drinks
- This is the amino acid that has found fame as an ingredient in the world’s top selling energy drinks. Pure form for easy absorption.
60 Capsules £6.75 Buy
- 5 out of 5 (based on 10 reviews)
Contributes to the release of energy from food
- Contributes to the release of energy from food. This is a high strength supplement and popular with people engaged in sports training. UK Made
60 Capsules £14.35 Buy
- 5 out of 5 (based on 6 reviews)
Provides fuel for muscle contraction
- This amino acid is one of the favourites chosen by sports trainers as it is used as fuel to help muscle contraction.
90 Capsules £8.95 Buy
- 5 out of 5 (based on 20 reviews)
Concentrated vegetable source protein
- Fantastic source of concentrated protein, high in BCAA and arginine. Powder with unsweetened mild taste. Slimmers, sports or recovering from illness
750 Grams £14.95 Buy
- 5 out of 5 (based on 34 reviews)
Pure free form for easy absorption
- An essential amino acid, this is a pure grade lysine suitable for vegetarians. Clinical nutrition grade material, not the cheap animal feed grade!
120 Tablets £7.50 Buy 240 Tablets in 2 Pots £15.00 Buy